To inquire about any of these jobs contact the school's principal for detailed information. Click here for a listing of our schools and telephone numbers. Please note that some listings refer to additional resources in the "Document Downloads" section at the bottom of this page. Certified applicants will need to have three reference letters completed and submitted. The form can be downloaded from the Document Downloads.
ALL VACANCIES WILL REMAIN POSTED UNTIL FILLED
The Surry County School District is a child centered, progressive school system with an emphasis on Twenty-first century skills. Twenty-first century teaching skills (which include technology) are expected of all licensed applicants.
- Math Teacher - Surry Central High School (Posted 11/15/13)
Interested Applicants contact Mrs. Celia Hodges, Principal at (336) 386-8842 or . Secondary math licensure preferred.
- Math Teacher - North Surry High School (Posted 11/18/13)
Interested Applicants contact Mr. Neil Atkins, Principal at (336) 789-5055 or
Secondary math license preferred.
- NC IRIS Project Teacher - East Surry High School (Posted 3/27/14)
Interested Applicants contact Mrs. Jill Reinhardt, , Dr. Terri Mosley, , 336-386-8211 or Mrs. Diane Beane, , 336-368-2251 for more information.
Requires current teacher license (no area specified).
- Science Institute Coordinator - - (Posted 4/22/2014)
Interested Applicants contact Mrs. Jill Reinhardt, or (336) 386-8211, ext. 142
Master's Degree in Middle/Secondary Science Preferred and (3) years successful classroom experience.
See Job Description at bottom of page
- Teacher Assistant -Mtn. Park Elementary (Posted 12/17/13)
Interested Applicants contact Mrs. Cathy Hull at or (336) 874-3933. K-6 Teacher Licensure required.
- Teacher Assistant -Pilot Mountain Elementary (Posted 3/10/14)
Interested Applicants contact Mrs. Angela Carson at or (336) 444-8200, K-6 Teacher Licensure required.
- Teacher Assistant - East Surry, Temporary (remainder of year) (Posted 4/1/14)
Interested Applicants contact Mrs. Diane Beane at or (336) 368-2251, Bachelor's degree required.
- After School Childcare Worker - White Plains Elementary School (Posted 1/22/2014)
Interested Applicants contact Mrs. DeAnne Danley, Principal at (336)320-3434 or . 2-4 year degree and previous child care experience preferred.
- Bus Monitor - Westfield Elementary School ( 5 hour route) - (Posted 3/5/14)
Interested Applicants contact Mr. Rodney Hardy, Director of Transportation, (336) 386-8762 or . CDL driver's license with a P and S-endorsement required.
- Custodian - Meadowview Middle (Posted 4/3/14)
Interested Applicants contact Mr. Denny Barr at email@example.com or (336) 789-0276
- Child Nutrition Substitute Applicants
Child Nutrition Substitute Applications are accepted throughout the school year.
If you are interested in being a substitute for the Child Nutrition Services department, please click here to begin the application process. Once you have completed the online application, please contact Virginia LeQuire at 336-386-8211 Ext. 157 for additional information.
Reference Letter (Front) (30KB)
Reference Letter (Back) (20KB)