Our school doors open at 7:25 each morning. Kindergarten car riders will report to the media center from 7:25-7:45. Kindergarten students will eat with their class at 8:05. Car riders (grades 1-5) will report to the cafeteria for breakfast or to the gym for walking club.
A child must be in attendance one-half of the school day to be counted present. Eleven-thirty (11:30 a.m.) is considered the half-day point.
Class attendance and participation are critical elements of the educational process. Students who accumulate ten days of excused or unexcused absences may be required to bring a doctor's excuse for any further absence from school.
Students must have a written excuse from a parent/guardian for any and all absences from school. This note must be given to the teacher no later than two days after the child returns to school following an absence.
Breakfast--Free for all students
Surry County Schools School Nutrition Services accepts cafeteria payments online through K12PaymentCenter. A one time fee of $10.00 is charged to set up an account. Deposit money with ease using your debit or credit card. Student accounts paid with debit or credit cards will be charged a $1.95 flat fee per transaction with no maximum payment.
- Flexibility to deposit money into multiple student accounts with one payment.
- View 90 day Meal History.
- Low Balance Notification via email.
- Parents create a user account with unique user name and password.
- You may now access meal history and make lunch payments from your Facebook page!
- The service is easy-to-use, convenient, private and secure.
In order to enroll for this service, you will need your child's ID or PowerSchool number. This number can be found on your child's report card, or contact the school front office. Please note that parents may also prepay by sending cash or a check to the school cafeteria.
When sending cash, please do the following:
- Place money in an envelope
- Write your child's full name, PIN number (lunch number) and teacher's name on the outside of the envelope.
When sending a check, please do the following:
- Write your child's full name and PIN number (lunch number) in the lower left corner of the check.
Visitors are welcome in our schools. Everyone, including parents/guardians and volunteers, should report to the school office first to insure the safety of students. All visitors should be prepared to show a photo ID. Students love having parents eat lunch with them. Remember that restaurant food is not allowed in the cafeteria.
Conferences with teachers or administrators should be arranged in advance. Teacher conferences should be scheduled during the teacher's planning tim eor after school. Teachers are available to take your phone calls after 3 p.m. You may call the receptionist and ask the teacher to call you during his/her planning time.