Positive Behavior Intervention and Support @ PMES
PMES staff will:
- Communicate expectations from the PBIS matrix to students.
- Use positive reinforcement in the classroom.
- Attend beginning of year assembly for ARRRGH overview.
- Incorporate positive reinforcement across grade level through PLC.
School-wide Reinforcement for Students - We ARRRGH excited about PBIS!
- Students may earn 1 sticker/stamp per day in their classroom for positive behavior.
- Participation for quarterly rewards is earned by specified number of stickers/stamps.
- PBIS Team works together to plan quarterly rewards. Teachers will help coordinate supervision during reward events.
School-wide Reinforcement for Classrooms
- Administrators, Special Area teachers, and any designated staff members distribute Gold Coins.
- Classrooms collect Gold Coins for their Class Treasure Chest to earn grade level reward recognitions.
- Gold Coins can be given to individual students or classes for displaying positive attributes in all areas of the school/matrix.
- PBIS team will acquire gold coins per class and count for monthly totals.
- Special activities are planned for the classroom with the highest total in the K-2 grade span and in the 3-5 grade span.