Located in the heart of Dobson, we are a community based school that provides educational opportunities through academics, athletics, and the arts.
It is the purpose of Surry Central High School to challenge our students in an educational environment that will prepare them to pursue lifelong learning either in post-secondary education or through competing in the rapidly changing, global workplace of the 21st century. We realize the necessity of engaging all stakeholders in our pursuit of implementing the best practices to improve student learning and our professional development to enhance this learning.
- 92,3% graduation rate for 2016-2017
- $2+ million in scholarships for the 2016-2017 school year
- Approximately 180 students enrolled in college courses
- Surry Virtual Academy
- NC Virtual Public School
- Career & College Promise
- No cap on credits
- Career Academics
- Career & Technical Certifications (Vocational)
- Adobe Certified Associate, AutoCad, CPR, First Aid, CNA, Everfi, Hunter Safety, Microsoft, NCCER,Revit,ServSafe
- AP Course offerings
- PLTW (Project Lead The Way)
- Technical courses at Surry Community College
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math)
- Early graduation option
- Worked-Based Learning for Seniors (Internship)
- 9th Grade Academy
- SMART Lunch
- Music Program (Competitions)
- FFA, HOSA, Interact, Quiz Bowl, Student Governement
- Arts WOW!
- National Honor Society
- National Technical Honor Society
2017-2018 SIT Goals:
1. Increase ACT scores to 60%.
2. Raise EOC scores by 5%.
3. 100% of teachers using individual student conferences.