Before/After School Care
The purpose of the Surry County Before and After School Childcare Program is to provide quality care for school-age children. This program provides a convenient location for children to stay while their parents work, since they are
housed on the campuses of the school district’s elementary schools. It is our goal to provide an organized, safe, and enjoyable environment that children will enjoy and one with which parents will feel comfortable. Activities
are scheduled every day and include: healthy snack, homework assistance, socialization, art, toys, games, and outdoor play.
The Surry County Before and After School Childcare Program exists to provide a safe and caring environment where every child is encouraged to grow through enjoyable activities.
- Every child has worth.
- Every child has the ability and need to learn.
- Every child has the right to a safe and caring environment.
- Every parent has the right to affordable and convenient before and after school childcare services.
- Every child has the capacity for self-respect.
- Shared values and common goals shape the culture of successful learning environments for children.
For more information: