Welcome to Surry County Schools
"The Surry County School System is committed to educating all students to be productive workers, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners, enabling them to be globally competitive and prepared for life in the 21st century." SCS Board of Education Mission Statement
Our nineteen schools are a great source of community pride with eleven elementary schools, three traditional middle schools, one magnet middle school, three traditional high schools, and one early college high school. Our twelve Pre-Kindergarten classrooms maintain a 5-star license.
When enrolling your child in Surry County Schools:
- Find out what school district you are in by visiting the Online Tax Maps for Surry County. Click on the Layers tab and choose Elementary School Districts, Middle School Districts, and/or High School Districts. Click on the Search tab and enter your address and click Search.
- Our school addresses and contact information can be found here.
- You must bring proof of residency to the school. Examples would be electric bill, water bill, telephone bill, etc.
- If you are a new resident to the state of North Carolina a copy of your child's immunization record is required.
- All new kindergarten students must provide a copy of the student's birth certificate.
- All new kindergarten students must provide a copy of the student's current health assessment.
Questions? Call your local school or the central office @ 336/386-8211.