Tuition Assistance for Provisionally Licensed and Lateral Entry Teachers
In an effort to assist provisionally licensed and lateral entry teachers who are employed full-time in the Surry County School System, the following guidelines are in place to ensure that reimbursement for costs incurred are fairly and equitably distributed.
Teachers employed full-time may be reimbursed for the following:
- Tuition for courses needed to clear provisional license
- During one school year, the annual reimbursement will not exceed $300 per teacher, contingent on federal funding.
- A reimbursement form and invoice or receipt should be forwarded to the central office for reimbursement as follows:
Career/Technical Education teachers to Jill Reinhardt;
All others to Sonia Dickerson
- Documentation for reimbursement should include receipts and verification of class completion (e.g. transcripts, grade reports, etc.).
- Reimbursement must not exceed $900 per teacher over a three year period beginning with the first year of employment.
- Reimbursable amounts are based on available funds and are evaluated annually.