Located at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains, North Surry High School is a community based school that provides educational opportunities through academics, athletics, and the arts.
Mission: NSHS will inspire, equip and guide the whole person with the knowledge and skills necessary to build strong character toward the goal of independence.
Vision: NSHS is a community of leaders that empowers students in a challenging educational environment, producing local and global lifelong learners.
- Surry Virtual Academy
- NC Virtual Public School
- Career & College Promise
- No cap on credits
- Career Academics
- Career & Technical Certifications (Vocational)
- Adobe Certified Associate, AutoCad, CPR, First Aid, CNA, Everfi, Hunter Safety, Microsoft, NCCER,Revit,ServSafe
- AP Course offerings
- PLTW (Project Lead The Way)
- Technical courses at Surry Community College
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math)
- Early graduation option
- Worked-Based Learning for Seniors (Internship)
- 9th Grade Academy
- SMART Lunch
- Music Program (Competitions)
- FFA, HOSA, Interact, Quiz Bowl, Student Government
- Arts WOW!
- National Honor Society
- National Technical Honor Society
Principal, Paige S. Badgett
Michael Bodnar, Assistant Principal
Amanda Adams, Assistant Principal