new students

To enroll your child for school, please complete the following steps:


Fill out the New Student Enrollment Form:


Please provide the following documents to your child’s school:

  • Certified Birth Certificate (the person’s name enrolling the child must be on the Birth Certificate)

Surry County Schools will accept a variety of alternative forms for proof of date of birth and legal name.  The following documents will be allowed: a passport, state-issued Identification document, US Department of State (I-94 arrival/departure record), refugee resettlement letter, Decree of Adoption, previously verified school records, student driver's license, life insurance policy, a certified copy of medical record where the child was born, a certified copy of the birth certificate issued by a religious institution

  • Immunization Records

  • Health Assessment(for Kindergarten and new to North Carolina students)

  • Proof of Residence (something showing service into the home; must include the parent’s name; examples include a home phone bill, electric bill, cable bill; a driver’s license will not be accepted as proof of residence)

  • Picture ID of parent/legal guardian/legal custodian

  • Custody Papers (if applicable)

Transcript (High School Only)

Upon submittal of these documents, school personnel will assist you with the remainder of the enrollment process.