All elementary schools in the Surry County School System are accepting kindergarten registration for children who are 5 years old on or before August 31, 2020.
- Print and complete a registration form (Spanish version) and return to the elementary school in your attendance district or
- Pick up a registration form at any elementary school or
- Phone the elementary school in your attendance district and give the information orally. School information can be found here. or
- Online Registration
- All prospective kindergartners and their parents/guardians shall attend a Beginners' Day program on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 in their attendance district beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Parents/Guardians should bring a copy of the child's birth certificate, immunization record, proof of address, and social security card to the Beginners' Day program.
If you have any questions, please contact DeAnne Danley @ 336/386-8211.
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 31, 2020, may be eligible for Pre-K.
- Online form
- Call the elementary school in your attendance district to give school personnel your child’s information. School information can be found here.
- Pre-K teachers will do follow-ups with parents sometime in April to start the application process.
- Pre-K teachers will assist parents throughout the whole process.
- Child Find – Children ages 3-5 with disabilities, who are not in school or receiving special assistance, may be eligible for special education services.
If you have any questions, please contact Kayla Norman at 336/386-8311.